Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hey, Don't Say I Didn't Warn You - Pull Back That Curtain, Toto!

Years ago, after the Supreme Court conducted their coup and placed their frat-boy puppet in the White House, and we ended up with eight years of Tricky Dick and his lap dog running the country into the ground, my wife turned to me and said (no joke - she actually said this) "I think we are going to have a third party, and it's going to grow out of the fiscal conservative, socially moderate Republicans and the Blue Dog Dems." Well, I can't say she didn't warn me. A recent op-ed piece by conservative columnist David Brooks  of the New York Times finally has it right about the Rabid Wrong spew-jocks like Beck et. al. There is no there there.

Folks on the (so-called) progressive wing nut side of the aisle, as well as the liberal elite (whatever) need to get a grip, and I don't mean on their hand-held devices (shudder). These are nothing more than loud mouth,  mealy-mouthed, bigoted jerks. And you all KNOW that. So - why do you continue to give them any more attention than you'd give, oh, I don't know, Grover Cleavland? Its like chumming for sharks. When you dump your outrage against them into the water, they move in for the kill. I mean, duh! Ignore the bozittos, fer cri-yi!

Allow me to quote a bit:"...no matter how often their hollowness is exposed, the jocks still reweave the myth of their own power. They still ride the airwaves claiming to speak for millions. They still confuse listeners with voters. And they are aided in this endeavor by their enablers. They are enabled by cynical Democrats, who love to claim that Rush Limbaugh controls the G.O.P. They are enabled by lazy pundits who find it easier to argue with showmen than with people whose opinions are based on knowledge. They are enabled by the slightly educated snobs who believe that Glenn Beck really is the voice of Middle America."

Now, my wife seldom makes political predictions, so no one is more surprised than me to see so many actually intelligent conservatives finally get it. And I now suspect her prediction is on the verge of coming true. The true "loyal opposition" has been co-opted by the Babbling Brunhilda's of the Barbary Boast, who will, mark my (and my wife's) words, throw out the baby with the globally-warmed bathwater, and putsch out the real conservatives. Who now have no place like home, being forced instead to vote for the Ice Witch from Nome - er - up There.

Can you here me now? How 'bout now? Down, Toto, down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If its not rational, well-crafted, on point, and civil, fugedaboudit. I will delete all comments that abuse, are obscene, or refer excessively to how right you are.Otherwise, have at it.